It is that time of year again when we reach out to our membership and ask you to renew your support for Tri-State Trail Vision. Your continued encouragement, whether monetary, volunteer time, or just simply moral support, helps us to achieve our common goal of protecting and expanding the Tri-State’s trail network.
With your help, in 2011 we:
- lobbied in support of the development of Catfish Creek Trail
- assisted the City of Dubuque in receiving an honorable mention by the American League of Bicyclists for their Bicycle Friendly Community designation
- in conjunction with the Telegraph Herald, organized our second annual Bike to Work Week and had over 150 riders register for the week, committing to ride thousands of miles
- donated funds to the City of Dubuque to install a bike rack on the Bee Branch development
- raised funds for bike racks on all city buses
In 2012, we plan to:
- continue lobbying for the expansion of the Tri-State’s trail network
- organize our third annual Bike to Work Week
- work with the City of Dubuque to implement the key findings of the League of American Bicyclists to move Dubuque closer to being a Bicycle Friendly Community
There are many ways for you to get involved and show your support. For instance, ask your employer to participate in Bike to Work Week. Watch for our emails and go to city council, board of supervisors or legislative meetings to support trails. You’re always invited to come to our meetings and provide input. Any support that you can offer is greatly appreciated. Without you, we wouldn’t have been able to achieve such successes as the completion of the Heritage Trail pedestrian bridge over Hwy 52 in the fall of 2012.
Thank you for your support of Tri-State Trail Vision. Whether you are a member, made a gift, volunteered, or just got out to enjoy the trails, we couldn’t do this work without you. An email or letter with information will be coming soon to renew your $15 membership. If you have any questions, please contact TSTV Treasurer.